Great HEAL Recipes
Baked Zucchini Squash Fries
Vegetables can add key nutrients into summer cookouts!
- 1 lb. of zucchini squash
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 large egg
- Rinse and dry zucchini. Remove ends, cut into strips, approximately ⅓ inch thick.
- Place the zucchini strips in a large zip lock bag and add flour and salt. Shake to coat.
- Combine Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. In another bowl, whisk egg with 1 tbsp of water until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 425º. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place two wire racks on top. Dip coated zucchini strips in egg and then in seasoned breadcrumbs. Place the breaded zucchini sticks on wire racks.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until medium golden brown. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the zucchini.