Great HEAL Recipes
By Christian Swaid
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this healthy quesadilla!
- 1 precooked rotisserie chicken
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Roma tomato (diced)
- 1 package whole grain tortilla
- 1 bag 2% shredded mexican four cheese
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Remove skin and fat from chicken and shred meat.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil spray and chicken broth. On medium/high heat, sauté the bell pepper, onion, and garlic until soft, about 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and shredded chicken until hot. Place mixture in a bowl.
- Preheat another skillet, spray tortilla with olive oil, place in skillet. Add cheese and allow it to melt. Add chicken mixture, and place another tortilla on top.
- Flip the tortilla and allow the other side to cook. When golden brown, remove the quesadilla from heat and serve!