Great HEAL Recipes
Antoine’s Apple Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
– 2 Medium tart apples chopped
– 1 cup Strawberries chopped
– 2 Kiwifruit (medium) peeled and chopped
– Orange (small) cut in half for juice
– 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
– 2 Tbsp. Apple Jelly (melted)
– 4 Tbsp. Pineapple juice (fresh or canned, unsweetened)
– 2 Pita Breads – medium size, cut into wedges
– 1 Tbsp Oil, canola
– 2 tsp. Spices, cinnamon, ground
– 2.tsp Spices, allspice, ground
1) In a bowl, combine chopped apples, strawberries and kiwi.
2) Grate orange peel to measure 1-1/2 teaspoons; squeeze juice from orange into a bowl; remove all seeds.
3) Add orange peel, orange juice and pineapple juice to fruit mixture.
4) Stir in brown sugar and melted jelly.
1) Brush pita bread lightly with oil.
2) Combine cinnamon & allspice; sprinkle over pita bread.
3) Cut each pita bread into eight wedges.
4) Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
5) Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
6) Serve with salsa.
SERVINGS: Makes 6 – ½ cup salsa and 4 cinnamon chips