Great HEAL Recipes
Beef & Butternut Squash Chili
By Holly Grainger
(Makes 4+ servings)
- 1 cup butternut squash cubes, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. lean ground beef or ground turkey meat
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (8-oz) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained (such as Rotel)
- 1 (27-oz) can chili beans, no added salt
- ½ plain low-fat yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- Cook beef, bell pepper, and onion in olive oil and a pot over medium-high heat until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well and return to pot. Add garlic and chili powder.
- Stir in tomatoes, green chilies, and chili beans; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally 15 minutes.