Great HEAL Recipes
This quick breakfast recipe is high in protein and a good source of iron. Protein promotes brain power for starting the day.
- 2 eggs per omelet
- 1 resealable plastic freezer bag per omelet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp cheddar cheese
- 1 slice cooked Canadian bacon, chopped
- Vegetables of your choice
Additional Ingredient Ideas
- Onions, diced
- Bell peppers, diced
- Cooked bacon
- Peppers, diced
- Bring large pot of water to heavy boil.
- Crack eggs right into plastic bag.
- Add cheese, Canadian bacon, and any additional ingredients.
- Seal bag and squish the ingredients to mix. “Burp” the air out of the bag.
- Place omelet bag(s) into boiling water.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes. (Time may vary. Omelet is done when it slides out of the bag.)
- Remove bag carefully from water with tongs.
- Open bag and roll omelet onto plate.