Great HEAL Recipes
Carrot and Apple Slaw
This quick and healthy side dish is great for cookouts or dinner and uses in-season produce. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store to find most of the ingredients for this recipe. Makes 8 servings.
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• ½ zest of lemon
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 cups carrots, grated
• 2 apples, cut into thin strips or grated
1. Combine lemon juice, zest, honey, thyme, oil and salt in small bowl.
2. Grate carrots and apple in separate bowl.
3. Pour dressing over carrots and apples.
4. Toss to cover thoroughly.