Great HEAL Recipes
Chickpea Shareable Snack
Garbanzo beans make a great snack and provide fiber for a healthy digestive system. This recipe can be enjoyed as a snack or be shared at a community potluck.
Makes 3 ½ servings
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the beans between 2 paper towels and pat dry.
- Remove the outer skins of beans.
- Whisk the cinnamon and oil in a bowl, add the beans to coat, and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 40 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove beans from the oven, place in a bowl, and toss with the honey.
- Place beans back in the oven and roast for 7 more minutes.
- Cool and serve.
- Pair with a piece of fruit for a complete snack!
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 162
- Total Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 19 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Added sugar: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g