Great HEAL Recipes
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 Whole-grain English muffins, split
- 12 slices deli-sliced turkey or lean ham
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º. Lightly oil six 10-ounce ramekins or coat with nonstick spray and place onto a baking sheet.
- Add one egg to each ramekin, beating slightly; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and bake until egg whites are cooked through, about 12-14 minutes. Place one egg over the muffin bottom. Top with 2 slices ham or turkey and ½ slice cheese, and then cover with another muffin top to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining English muffins to make 6 sandwiches. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- To reheat, remove plastic wrap from the frozen sandwich and wrap in a paper towel. Place into microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through completely.
- Serve immediately.