Great HEAL Recipes
High Protein Fresh Broccoli Pasta
This family dish provides a balance of fat, quality carbohydrates, and protein. Prepare this recipe ahead of time and save leftovers for up to 5 days.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat pasta (spiral or penne)
- 1 ½ cup broccoli florets (1-2 broccoli crowns cut to bite sizes)
- 16-20 oz. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add broccoli.
- Drain broccoli and pasta and return to bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat, add turkey and seasonings, and cook until internal temperature is 165°F or about 10 minutes.
- Drain fat off of turkey and add turkey back to the pasta and broccoli.
- Mix in the cheese, drizzle with some olive oil (optional), and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 436
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
- Sodium: 317 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 59 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 0 g
- Protein: 30 g