Great HEAL Recipes
Fresh Pasta Salad
Serve this nutritious pasta salad that uses in-season fresh green peas as a simple way to eat healthier and celebrate Eat Smart Month this November. Makes 4 servings.
• 6 ounces uncooked small shell whole grain pasta
• 1 ½ cups green peas
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 and ½ cups chicken breast, shredded
• ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to box, set aside.
2. Combine peas, olive oil, lemon juice, and chicken. Add pasta and toss to cover.
3. Add almonds to finish if desired.