Great HEAL Recipes
Heart Healthy Pork Tenderloin with Rice
By Chef Christie Butler
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil (or canola, vegetable oils)
- 4 red-delicious apples
- ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup baby kale or spinach
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400º. Coat the pork with pepper.
- Warm oil over medium-heat in a large pan. Add tenderloin and brown each side for about a minute (4 minutes total).
- Transfer pork to a baking dish and cook in oven until pork has an internal temperature of 145º or for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the original pan, add apples and cinnamon. Cook over medium-high heat stirring constantly until apples are soft (about 4-5 minutes). Take off heat.
- Let pork rest for a few minutes. Slice into pieces and serve with apples on top and baby kale or spinach on the side.
- Stir lemon juice and cilantro into warm rice.