Great HEAL Recipes
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
(Makes 6 1-cup servings)
This quick and easy soup is a good source of protein and vitamins A, K, and B6. Pair it with vanilla yogurt over fruit for a complete meal.
- 32 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp oil (olive, canola, or corn)
- 2 cup small spiral noodles
- 2 cups chicken breast, shredded (cook your own or buy a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- Combine water and chicken broth into large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add oil to skillet and sauté carrots approximately 2 minutes.
- Add onion and celery to carrots and sauté for 4 more minutes.
- Add vegetables and pasta to chicken broth mixture.
- Cook 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Add cooked chicken and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.