Great HEAL Recipes
Iron Boosting Loaded Baked Potato
Low iron in the diet will make you tired and sleepy. This delicious potato is loaded with iron and makes a great meal. Remember, meat is the best source of iron, but plants like potatoes, collard greens, and mushrooms also have iron.
- 6 small potatoes (about 2 inches diameter)
- 4 sliced cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup broccoli, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Wash potatoes thoroughly, poke potatoes several times with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are baking, wash broccoli and chop into small pieces and cook in a microwave-safe bowl with water for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Dry broccoli.
- When potatoes are done, slice in half, avoiding steam.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish.
- Top potatoes with cooked broccoli, turkey bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Drizzle olive oil over every potato.
- Return to oven and increase temperature to 400°F.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
Nutritional Analysis: Makes 6 servings.
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 251
- Total Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
- Sodium: 186 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 32 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 0 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Iron mg 1.9