Great HEAL Recipes
Outdoor Grill Dinner
This summer recipe is great for the whole family. Chicken is a lean source of protein and tomatoes offer lycopene as an antioxidant. Enjoy this dish with brown rice and your favorite low-fat dip.
Makes 15-20 skewers
- 6 oz. jar of pesto, store-bought
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½ – 1-inch cubes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 15-20 wooden skewers
- In a large bowl or zipper storage bag, combine cubed chicken and pesto. Let this marinate for 1 hour – 1 day.
- Place wooden skewers in a bowl with water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Wash and dry cherry tomatoes.
- Alternate chicken and cherry tomatoes, placing them on skewers. Use about 3 pieces of chicken, per skewer.
- Season skewer with salt and pepper.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook until chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then enjoy.
- Serving Size: 2 skewers, each with 3 pieces of chicken
- Calories: 194
- Total Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 76 mg
- Sodium: 348 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Sugar: 0 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Vitamin A: 99.2 mcg