Great HEAL Recipes
Baby Lettuce and Pear Salad with Feta Cheese and Lemon Vinaigrette
• 24 oz baby lettuces
• 8 oz feta cheese
• 3 ripe pears
• 4 oz lemon Dijon vinaigrette (store bought or see recipe below)
Slice pears and crumble feta Add greens to a large mixing bowl. Add pears and feta.
When ready to serve, dress the salad with lemon dijon vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coating the salad greens. Serve immediately.
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
Makes about 2 cups (use 4oz for salad)
• 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots (optional)
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, olive oils, and honey. Stir in the shallots, parsley and thyme. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.