Great HEAL Recipes
Quick Vegetable Beef Soup
Seasoning Mix Ingredients
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning or 1 ½ tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste (about ¼ tsp, each)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables (can also use fresh vegetables if available)
- 1 (14-15 oz.) can low sodium diced tomatoes – undrained (Italian version will add a little more flavor)
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- Cook ground beef in a skillet and chop into small pieces (crumbles). Drain meat.
- Add cooked meat and seasoning mix to large boiler (such as Dutch oven).
- Add remaining ingredients to boiler.
- Heat to boiling, then turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes.