Great HEAL Recipes
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
Note: Don’t forget to make your homemade stock with the leftover bones!
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole chicken (about 4-5 pounds), giblets removed
- Chop the onion into 6-8 large chunks and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Combine the dried spices in a small bowl. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
- Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. There is no need to add any liquid.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on high (for a 4 or 5 pound chicken) or until chicken is falling off the bone.