Great HEAL Recipes
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A that supports eye health!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium black beans (rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Toppings: sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges
- Poke the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on high, about 12 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high. Add zucchini, onion, and cayenne and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in the beans, salt, and pepper and cook about 2 minutes.
- Split the sweet potatoes. Divide the bean and veggie mixture, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro among the potato halves. Serve with lime wedges.