Great HEAL Recipes
Tilapia and Winter Vegetable Packets
Build your own tilapia packet!
Packets can be grilled or baked
- 4 tilapia filets
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedge
- Sweet potato
- Baby spinach
- Peppers (bell or jalapeño)
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Combine vegetables with salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- To make a packet, lay two 20-inch sheets of foil on top of each other (to protect from burning). Generously coat the top piece with cooking spray. Place one portion of tilapia in the center of the foil. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Top with cup of the vegetable mixture.
- Bring the short ends of the foil together and leave enough room for the packet for steam to father and cook the food. Fold the foil over and pinch to seal. Pinch seams together along the sides. Make sure all the seams are tightly sealed to keep steam from escaping. Repeat with more foil, cooking spray and the remaining fish, salt, pepper and vegetables.
- Bake the packets directly on an oven rack until the tilapia is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.