Great HEAL Recipes
Fiber Filled Tuna & Apple Sandwich
This recipe is perfect for a healthy digestive system. The whole grain bread and apples provide 6 grams of fiber to keep the digestive system working.
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 5-ounce can of tuna, packed in water or 6-ounce pouch, packed in water
- 1 small apple, sliced into thin slices
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread or whole wheat crackers (3 crackers = 1 slice of bread)
- In a small bowl, combine tuna, apple chunks, and mayonnaise.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture on bread.
- Serving Size: ½ tuna mixture on 2 slices of bread
- Calories: 285
- Total Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 22.5 mg
- Sodium: 356 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Protein: 19 g