Great HEAL Recipes
Meals eaten as a family tend to be more nutritious and are more likely to include fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Bring your family back to the table with this protein-packed recipe.
Makes 4 servings.
• 6 eggs
• ½ cup milk
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 1 cup onion, chopped
• 1 cup tomato, diced (can get canned with no salt)
• 4 cups spinach
• ½ cup shredded cheese
• Green onion for topping, chopped (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. In an oven-safe pan cook onion until translucent.
4. Add tomatoes and spinach, cook for a couple of minutes until spinach gets dark and is slightly wilted.
5. Add egg mixture and cheese to the pan.
6. Stir egg mixture, vegetables, and cheese together. Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs do not jiggle in the middle.
7. Top with green onions if desired.