Quick, well-balanced, and budget friendly dinners
You’ve probably heard that dinner is an important meal that brings families together; however, it’s difficult to find time or motivation to cook a healthy, well-balanced meal every night. Here are a few helpful tips to make a make a HEALicious (HEALicious = healthy delicious) meal part of your daily routine in an easy way.
- Heat some grilled chicken from the frozen section or a rotisserie chicken for an easy grilled chicken dish, or better yet, make use of your slow cooker.
- Open some canned peas with no salt added for an easy side of vegetables.
- Microwave frozen raw broccoli, cauliflower, or mixed vegetables for a quick veggie add-in for soups and pasta.
- Pop open jarred pasta sauce with low sugar/sodium for easy pasta dishes.
- Grab some canned beans with no salt added to add some protein to any dish!
- Pick up some whole wheat rolls from the bakery section of the grocery store.
- Whip up a dinner of instant grits, scrambled eggs, and lean turkey bacon.
- Make use of leftovers to great tasty, budget friendly meals.
- Consider easy, one-pan meals that minimize clean-up.
- Engage kids to help with side dishes or easy, no-cook tuna.